I might be able to recommend some, but I'm not sure what you're looking for. A mud that has no mechanics, but isn't total RP or social? That kind of illiminates, um, everything. Miriani's really the only mud, well that and now star conquest, where I can see RP really working, because its actually a seamless blend of RP and mechanics. Games like shadows of issildire have backing mechanics, but they make no sense, combat especially, it has the feel of just going into combat swinging randomly and hitting whatever you can rather than a focused warrior trying to take down his enemy. And that's one of the more popular RP muds out there. The other's I've tried either had no playerbase, or had massive application processes. That sort of thing puts me off. Just FYI though, not trying to sound arrogant, but basically every mud is blind accessible. I've only found a couple out of mudconnector's gigantic database, and I've played a ton of muds in my time, that were truly inaccessible. Usually they're either browser based or heavily ascii oriented.

Anyway, you could try a couple of the muds I listed in this message if you want. But I’m probably not the best person to make RP mud recommendations, since usually if I try an RP mud, its not to RP, but to avoid RPing as much as possible so I can try out the usually highly advanced mechanics.

From: "Nick Helms" <nick.he...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 01, 2009 10:14 PM
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] moos/muds without stats

Yeah a role-playing mud would be nice. But I don’t need like total
roleplay, like, you emote everything you do. Those are rather annoying
to me. Are there any that you’d recommend? I know I’m sounding like a
demanding moron. But searching mud connect for blind-accessable muds
has been rather fruitless and now I’m turning to my fellow blindys to
help me out(lol)