Sent: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 6:07 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] any recommendations for a good gaming joystick?

I use a logitec wingman rumblepad.  As the name implies the controller
includes motors for force feedback. You need to install the software
from the cd or internet in order for games to pick up on its force
feedback qualities.  It's a nice gimic but the rumble isn't very
powerful.  I got the controller cerca 2001. It looks kind of like a
hybrid between the ps2 and dreamcast/xbox1 controllers - two wacky
looking protrusions out front, 2 decent (if a little flimsy) analog
sticks, 6 main buttons (which are a little small), a d-pad and a few
other buttons for switching control from d-pad to left analog stick
and back and toggling force feedback on/off.  It isn't the best
controller - I used to have a microsoft sidewinder whose buttons and
dpad were a little more solid and big - but it's fun to use with games
especially top speed.  One advantage resultant of joystick use in-game
is that you don't have to shut down your screenreader (and in some
cases, you don't even have to have the game window in focus - I can
play topspeed while chatting in an msn window though I won't be able
to hear the other cars on the track).

James