Not only that, but I'd hate to get caught with one of those hacks by the folks who matter. I know Microsoft builds what for want of a better word I'll call a backdoor into their programs, which allows them to tell if they've been tampered with in any way. I came very close to getting into trouble with this a few years ago before I started college here in Idaho. I needed Microsoft Office 2003, but the version on my laptop was just a trial. My former neighbor at the time had a daughter whose boyfriend offered to let me use a copy of the program he'd bought. Problem was that it had already been installed on the allowed three computers. I held the CD in hand and was tempted, but on reflection I decided it wasn't worth the risk of getting caught and, at the very least having to pay a heavy fine I actually couldn't afford or spending time in prison. I imagine it's much the same with these Hackentosh netbooks.
No pizza. Only Khlav Kalash.
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, July 03, 2009 8:43 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] USA Games News 7/2/2009

Hi Shaun,
The problem with the so-called Hackentosh Netbooks is they are just hacks. I've seen all kinds of hacks out there that try to emulate Mac OS X on standard PC hardware, but they are all flawed in some way. For example, there is suppose to be a hacked Mac OS Leopard image ffloating around on the internet that you can extract to an empty hard drive on your PC, reboot, and run Mac OS X Leopard on various desktops and laptops from HP, Compaq, Del, etc. However, it is very problematic. In some cases I've heard it runs fine, but in a lot of cases it won't even boot, or it gets to the startup screen and crashes. Anyway, the point is I think if a person wants to go Mac it is a good idea to actually own a Mac. It is much easier to run Windows on a Mac using Boot Camp than it is to run Mac OS on a Windows PC using PearPC or other emulation software.

shaun everiss wrote:
hmm what about trying to invest in a hackentosh I know you can make them with a netbook, and I know they exist.