To: "'Gamers Discussion list'" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2009 2:58 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Nintendo wii and intro

Hi sal,
Hope you get it figured out so you can play.
It is really tricky because if you have no clue what is
going on it is next to impossible to fully get oriented, as
usually all set ups required to get into the games will have
no really audible feedback to let you know what choices you
made. Most times it is just sounds.
One of the fighting games for ps3 gives you the name of the
characters when you choose them, as they all have different
weaknesses and strenghts. I end up playing the same
character now always as I was able to figure out some good
working combos for him.
So maybe if you can get someone to first explain what is
going on on the screen, it is a lot easier to try and
memorize the layouts for each game. It would be awesome if
someone would come up with some sort of jaws like
screenreader that you could integrate into consoles. But I
guess the market would be too small and such a reader would
cost way too much. But it would be cool to see if more blind
gamers would then try out and enjoy some mainstream
videogames. I also have a psp with tekken and stuff to play
on it.
Happy gaming!
chrissy