To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, August 21, 2009 6:24 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] moo

Hello all,
I just had an idea, and decided to put it out on the list.
I, for one, am very interested in learning the moo programming
language. Unfortunately, this language is very old, and out of date.
But there are still quite a few people who continue to use it in games
(EG: Miriani, etc).
I understand that most of these people were adults who were around
when moo was developed. Therefore, there was much support for it and
those who were interested could learn it.
However, those of us who are interested but were not around for moo’s
development do not have the option of learning it from others.
Unfortunately, there are very few tutorials that I find very easy to
understand, and those who know moo do not want to teach it, except for
the few that ran “Learn moo”
I am sorry to learn that the classes they kindly offered did not do
well at all. I for one would have come, all though I had college.
Anyway, it would be great if, in stead of hosting live lessons,
someone could write a series of lessons for those who were interested
to download at their convenience.
I for one would be perfectly happy to host the files and write an intro.
Although I am not ashamed to admit I only know the basics of building and verbs.
Would it be possible for someone who knows moo, or even a group of
people, to write lessons for those interested to take and use?
I just don’t think it’s very fair for us to have to scrounge around
the web for tutorials made in 2000 and earlier.
Just an idea and one I hope someone will give some attention to.
Thanks much,
Nick