From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org
[mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On Behalf Of Thomas
Ward
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2009 3:25 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] the Jehovah's witnesses viewpoint
ongaming:3 articles

Hi,
Agreed. A lot of it comes down to harmless fantacy or roll
playing on
the  part of the gamer. In real life I would never beat the
crap out of
somebody because I was angry at them, perform a spinal rip,
or chop
their head off. However, afgter having an extremely
stressful day or big
argument with my wife I can take my frustration out in a
game like
Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter. There I can beat the living
crap out of
anyone and anything, and nobody gets hurt for real.
I wonder what some of these Christians thinks about stress
management.
When I first lost my sight I was very angry all the time and
one of the
stress management counselors suggested I take an old pillow
and beat on
it. That's what society might consider violent behavior, but
it is
controlled violent behavior. My intention is not to hurt
anyone, but
relieve my anger by acting out my stress and rage in a way
that comes
out naturally. I've got a choice. I can put on a set of
boxing gloves
and let loose on a punching bag, or I can go to town on a
living person
like my wife. Anyone in their right mind would say use the
punching bag.
Sowhat is the difference in doing the same thing in a game?

Darren Harris wrote:
> Absolutely. Also sometimes games can be a good way of
stress relief as
> well. Or if you're seriously annoyed at something you can
vent that
> annoyance in a game. Whether it be something like doom or
anything else.
> To my mind games are harmless. If kids for example get a
hold of said
> games then quite frankly it's the fault of the parents for
either
> allowing them to play them or not being watchful enough
around their
> kids. That said there are situations where by for example
if said child
> goes to a friends house and plays said game that's always
a problem.

You can make changes or update your subscription via the
web, at
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the
management of the list,