I definitely agree that the Audio Mario game could have used a lot more work. For one thing I don't think they should have used MIDI music files. Anytime the MIDI ended and started over the game would hang just long enough for you to die. Not to mention the control scheme left a lot to be desired. They had a lot of potential but they quit before they could really explore it.
Vender: No pizza. Only Khlav Kalash.
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2009 1:59 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] dragonSlayers games

Hi,
I have to agree. In terms of actual game content goes Dragon Slayer Games never created anything of note. All of their games are what I would classify as practice games. Every developer in the world writes a few programs purely for practice, proof of concept, and obviously some of those early practice programs aren't very good. That's kind of how I see Dragon Slayer Games titles.

In many respects they were still getting their feet wet, learning their craft, and what they produced was largely of the practice variety. The Audio Mario game was certainly better than their earlier games, but it could have used more work in various areas of development. At the time the lead developer quit they were just beginning to explore and design serious action games, and certainly would have gotten better in time. However, they quit before they really got started.

dark wrote:
Hello Allan.

Dragonslayer games was a set of small quick games produced by a group of developers who were just getting used to making games and finding their feet.

they had some quick online games using sound effects and text messages, and two downloadable games with text boxes, ---- dragon warrior and elemental battle which functioned as simple turn based combat and item collection games, they were working on some more serious audio games under developement including an audio marrio with original sfx and music, (which was interesting if a trifle problematic), but unfortunately the lead programmer basically decided to throw in the towel.

I'm not sure if their stuff is stil available, ---- but while they showed some promise and were improving with each title, I'd say your not missing too much.

Beware the Grue!