Hi Jim,
Yeah, I'm not really in it for the money either. I mainly started writing games purely for the fun of it too. However, arguing with companies over copyrights has taken a good deal of fun out of it.

However, if I were to go straight freeware or open source I could probably save myself a lot of grief. As I have said many times before on list a developer is more likely to get sued or get attention when or if he or she tries to market a product commercially. Since all of your games are totally free Hazbro isn't likely to send you a letter to yank Monopoly off your site because it would cost them more to lidigate the issue than they would get out of suing you, and they know it.

Jim Kitchen wrote:
Hi Thomas,

And for me it is the love of the idea I have for the game that I am developing and the wanting to play it. Pretty sure that I would want to hang it up if say I was tied into producing games that I was not really in love with. So for me playing the finished game and the fun of figuring out the code is the fun of it all. Of course it has been very very rewarding hearing from those who enjoy the games for all these years.

TGIF and BFN