Um....That's great, but how old are you?
Allison
http://www.allisonmervis.com/
----- Original Message ----- From: "Nicol" <nicoljaco...@telkomsa.net>
To: "gamers" <Gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2009 6:34 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] good news: shades of doom

Hi all
I am pleased to announce that my mom has at last agreed that shades of doom
is ok for me to play.
She has  tried to forbid me for years to play sod as she felt  its sheer
violence.
I will tell how it came to be that my mom has softened her view about sod.
me and a friend of mine were having a pizza at a restaurant yesterday
evening  and we talked about games.
I told this friend about the audio games I am playing, I described pipe2 to
him in detail.  and he told me about his games.
He told me that he is currently playing mainstream games made  for the pc.
He once had the x box but it was too expensive.
Each game on the x  box  costs  500 south african rand.
But this friend told me about ashooting game that he bought himself for his
pc, called unreal tournament where there is a lot of shooting involved.
The game consist of different missions/tasks but the  main objective is
fighting.
So I asked him whether his dad is ok with the game he is playing as he stays
with his family and they are also Jehovah witnesses,  he  told me yes.
So today I spoke to my mom about this friend's game, telling her his dad
does not have a problem with him playhing it.  and she told me that each
person must decide according to his conscience.
So I described shades of doom to my mom in the language of the man on the
street.
I told my mom that in shades of doom I do not kill people, I kill monsters
similar to prehistoric monsters such as dinosaurs.
I told her about the experiment that went wrong and that my mission is to
collect wafers to shut down the experiment and to collect the wafers I have
to kill  creatures.
She asked if there is blood in the sod  game and I answered no.
So eventually she agreed that its not harmfull to me.
I will try to  translate her words into English.
"now I agree a game of  erasing monsters is not that bad."
So now I can freelly play shades of doom without anybody asking me what I am
playing if they see the title on my screen.
Because I share my flat with a couple, my mom's friends, and they care for
me such as doing the cooking.
So if they have any questions, I will just explain to them how I have
explained to my mom and that its ok with her for me  to play sod.
Spoiler
space
And I can also now play sarah soon even though my mom and her friends hates magic games . so soon I can also now freely play sarah without them watching
the screen  due to the fact that phil will change the screen name to only
sarah instead of sarah and the castle of witchcraft and wizardry  in his
coming update.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4438 (20090918) __________

http://www.eset.com

database 4438 (20090918) __________