Hi Shaun,
And that is really the problem. As I just said to Peter I took preorders with the understanding I would be selling a classic side-scroller. Over time though do to endless user suggestions, requests, etc I have not stayed true to that plan. Mysteries of the Ancients sstarted out as a classic side-scroller, but has had many modern influences, additions, so that some of my customers are starting to complain it isn't the game they paid for. I know if I listen to them and take out the random items, random monsters, save game feature, put back the scoring feature, etc the game may not sell well. Far too many people want these features, but there is still the group who don't. So I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. I am stuck between two completely different groups who want two very different games. The only way I can see to solve this problem is to force the users to vote on which way they want it. Do those who paid for the game really and truly want to stick with a classic side-scroller, or should I just ditch the entire side-scroller idea and swich to a true FPS game. Do I try and do the middle man thing by writing a side-scroller with lots of modern features? It isn't the sort of decision I can make on my own since I have several people waiting on this game on preorder status.

HTH

shaun everiss wrote:
to be honest tom at first I loathed the side scroler idea mainly because of not
winning in pipe2 and superliam.
Now though I like it.
I also like the modernised mixed element never really liked the standard side
scroler, if you can have it the way it is now fine.
If I was pushed into a decition I'd say fps style.