Hi Shaun,
Well, I don't think a true 3d FPS would have to be that tough once you and others get use to it. Most of it would come down to being able to describe it accurately for the player.

Let's say there was a trap door high up in the ceiling. If you press the view command it would say something like trap door above and to the left in 10 feet. It might also anounce a statue, stone pillar, etc nearby which you could theoretically climb up, stand on, and use to open that trap door. Mainstream games have had these sorts of puzzles and challenges for a long time, but it is this element that is completely lacking in accessible games so far.

Anyway, I don't believe it is incredibly difficult or frustrating, but it does require the player to think about where things are in relationship to each other in a more or less true 3d environment. As for me, the developer, I'll have to work harder at describing that relationship to the novis player that maybe can't quite get it for one reason or another.

Smile.

shaun everiss wrote:
hmmm that does sound hard but new and esciting, The fps stuff has always been
easy but it gets boring after a bit, but your stuff would be truely 3d in
action and in sound, it will be frustratingly tough but I am looking foreward
to when one eventually comes up.