Hi Phil,
Hmmm...Well, the only problemI can foresee with that solution is in a game like MOTA or any of the Tomb Hunter series we are in an ancient tomb or abandoned temple. As a result I'd have to get pretty creative if I am going to speak a countdown timer. However, in games like Shades of Doom it is a science fiction type game so having a computer speaking a countdown timer is quite at home in a game like that. I guess what I'm aiming for is realism.

Smile.

Phil Vlasak wrote:
Hi Thomas,
The only way I was able to get those timed situations working well was to have a verbal countdown. I did this in the DOS Pack man in which the ghosts voiced the distance to you either in a normal voice which was ahead of you or in a deep voice which was ghosts behind you.

Or in Space invaders where the invaders spoke their distance from you as they changed rows. David did a countdown in his SOD timed mines and I am adding a countdown in Sarah to spells that are timed to end. Even Star Trek had a count down voice for when the ship would self destruct.
So having a trap door that counts down to when it is closed is realistic.
Phil