<HTML><META HTTP-EQUIV="content-type" CONTENT="text/html;charset=utf-8">

<P>Hi Phil. </DIV>

<P> </DIV>

<P>Just tried the demo. Very nicely put together indeed, not just in the matter

of sound, but the matter of mechanics and how the engine works. </DIV>

<P> </DIV>

<P>Firstly, I love the way you don't actually get killed by just running into

enemy's, ---- they actually have to attack you, ----- which obviously they do at

different rates. I also love the way you can get attacked from behind and above

as well. </DIV>

<P> </DIV>

<P>The precise sterrio targiting and way you hear enemies at a distance is

really well thought out, and gives you a lot of information about what's going

on in the game, ---- pluss the need to use good quality headphones. I also love the way everything is random, ---- so no two games are the same. </DIV>

<P> </DIV>

<P>I'll certainly be getting this one, ---- and I'll be writing some news on

audiogames.net as soon as I've finished this E-mail. </DIV>

<P> </DIV>

<P>it's games like this that remind us, ---- as we (very much me included), want

more and more complex games, that however many classic arcade style games there

are, ---- even an old formular can be extremely good if done well. </DIV>

<P> </DIV>

<P>Now, I'm afraid I have one suggestion and one question. </DIV>

<P> </DIV>

<P>If your well beyond the phase of implementing suggestions, ---- fair enough.

</DIV>

<P> </DIV>

<P>I find having the number row keys select weapons makes it slightly difficult

to switch on the fly during combat. If I hear a bear coming, by the time I've got out my slingshot with the 2 key it's almost upon me, ---- and by the time I've got back to my club with 1, ---- I'm bearing (ha ha), a lot of pain.

Is there any chance you could add, ----- if your stil in the manner of adding to the game, either a pause weapon select menue accessed with tab, or a quick weapon cycle key such as shift, alt, tab or z, ---- so that it's possible to flick to one weapon and use it more smoothly than scrambling to and from the numbers row?

If your beyond the content adding phase, ---- fair enough.

Now for the question. I'm not sure exactly how turning around works. The manual said that ctrl and arrow would turn you faster, ---- does your character however turn on the spot, or take a step backwards and turn? and does this differ whether your walking or running? I just ask, sinse going through the demo both in easy and normal mode, ---- I was having miner trouble stepping off pits after I turned round to deal with a monster sneaking up behind me. </DIV>

Congratulations on a brilliant game all round.

All the best,

Dark.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Philip Bennefall" <phi...@blastbay.com>