Hi Dark,
So true. In terms of gaming the handful of game developers we do have haven't began to really scratch the surface of what is out there for the mainstream markets. When it comes to side-scrollers we have Super Liam, Mysteries of the Ancients, and of course Q9. All are different, unique games, and there is no reason a gamer could not own more than one of the titles above. That's not even a drop in the bucket compared to the number of side-scrollers out there for the mainstream market. Just in the 80's alone when Nintendo was getting started there were hundreds of side-scrollers out there that were nothing alike. You had your typical beat-m-up games like Double Dragon and Bad Dudes that were the forerunners of games like Street Fighter. You had your Sci-Fi games like Total Recall and Megaman. You had your super hero games like Batman and Spiderman. You had your Halloween and horror type games such as Castlevania. Regardless of what you liked there were plenty of games to choose from. When we come to the accessible games market we mainly have card and board games. There are also plenty of the Space Invader type games. However, when we talk about side-scrollers, FPS titles, accessible RPG games, etc they are few and far between. So there really isn't any need for accessible game developers to fight over copyrights, ideas, or be in direct competition as our mainstream counterparts do. There is plenty f roomfor all of us to create new and more interesting games.

dark wrote:
And from a customers perspective, ---- there areally aren't enough accessible games released to require people to make massive amounts of choice to buy one over another.

There are a couple of instances, ---- like Che's blind adrenaline card room vs all in play, ----- of games where having both at once really wouldn't be advantageous, ---- but usually, if two devs produce side scrollers, ---- they're different enough for the customer to want both!

I've bought q9, and enjoy it, ---- but this will certainly not stop me from buying Mota.

Beware the grue