From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of dark
Sent: 02 December 2009 12:29
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] history was: Promotion was:Screen Readers and Games

I agree Darren, that is my preference too, I've never had any real interest
in scores or competition (one reason why the overwhelming majority of pvp
focused online games get up my nose so much).

>From years of console gaming though, i also very much enjoy and
>appreciate
exploration based on challenge.

for me, the reward of playing a game like superliam or even alien outback,
isn't the score, but what new enemies, environments, background music and
sounds, and game  atmospheres I can experience, this is as  much exploration

for me as exploration in a literal sense like shades of doom, ----- in fact,

if I have one cryticism of shades, it's that the music and background
ambience doesn't vary  from level to level, but reamins the same all the way

through, ---- which doesn't really do much for the sense that your character

is actually getting  deeper into the base.

Other people though, obviously have different aproaches to games, ---- which

is why a game like te pin alley, ---- even if not my first choice, is
valuable to have.

I'll also admit that I do sometimes enjoy stratogy and ard games against
humans, ---- but more for the experience of playing and the mental exercise
than for any actual desire to beat them.

That's one thing I like about Che's card games, ---- they cost comparatively

litle to subscribe to, and can be played as lightly or seriously as you
wish, ---- so sute equally well someone like me who just drops in
occasionally for a quick blast of hearts or poker.

Beware the grue!

dark.