To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 02, 2009 11:39 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Promotion was:Screen Readers and Games

I admit I'm a litle jaded on the work subject, sinse I've seen too many cases of blind people who have nothing but a high education, no social abilities, and just endlessly apply for jobs to be given excuses.

Sinse employers cannot legally say "we're worried about employing a visually impared person" this also means they just kmake up excuses.

My brother sent out 100 cvs a month for 8 years, trying to get a job in law, and was told wonderful things like "your not qualified for this position" when the position in question asked for two A-levels, --- ie, a basic ending of school qualification, ---- where he was applying with a law degree and a legal practice course.

Before this turns into too much of a wrant I'll stop, ---- suffice it to say while I understand the work ethic atitude, ---- it's one which strikes me as incredibly pointless in a country where eighty percent of blind people are unemployed, ----- and I'd be willing to bet that probably 15 of the last 20 percent are employed by organizations specifically geared towards blind people like the rnib.

Luckily, ---- I don't care about being employed, ---- i JUST WANT TO WRITE! IF SOMEONE WILL PAY ME FOR THAT, ---- GREAT! IF NOT, ---- WELL NEVER MIND.

i FREELY ADMIT i'M NOT IN ANY WAY AMBICIOUS THOUGH.

bEWARE THE GRUE!

dARK.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4661 (20091204) __________

http://www.eset.com