Hi Liam,
Oh, believe me I have several handy functions in my engine that I call to perform speaking of status and whatever. It is all nicely designed modularly, but the fact still remains it is still more work. I have to have an if statement to either load a wav file or wav files or send a message to Sapi. I'm not sure I want to put that much work into it it is all.

Liam Erven wrote:
It's more work, however. What about having a function called speak. And that
way you could do all yoru checking in there, and you'd only have to write
that condition once instead of every time.
 I'm learning the hard way to put everything I use in to functions. Like
things such as play sounds and stuff. If I ever have a to swap in a new
audio system, that way I can just replace code in those functions instead of
having to change tons of lines of code.  Optomizations ftw