Hi Liam,
Yeah, I know that, and I pretty much said the same thing to Hayden in a prier message. Though I'd rather just decide either on Sapi or wav files. Makes my job a lot easier since I'm going to start on converting my code Monday.

*Smile*

Liam Erven wrote:
I don't know c++ but here's my vb equivalent
It's kinda psuto code as it's Saturday night, and I'm not abou tto go look
everything up.

'somewhere we'd have a variable called sapi that's set for whether or not we
use sapi
Function speak(text as string)
If sapi = true then
'use sapi to speak it
Else
'use what ever sound engine and waves and such
End function
Then in your game you could just be all like.
Speaktext ("Lobsters")
I'd also make another function for if sapi is off that can check for
strings, and then play wave files base donthose strings.  My head hurts now.
Too much thinking for one day.
I'm certainly not questioning your programming abilities, but sometimes it
helps to bounce ideas off a second person.