To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 26, 2009 10:38 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] 3D navigation was: The future of Blastbay Studios

Interesting point about coordinates Dark.  With your taste for RPG's
that tend to have a lot more number crunching and stats to take in,
I'd have expected you to rely pretty heavily on those.

Personally I can't make numbers relate to situations in the slightest
in any game, even remembering simple things like what coordinates the
fires are at in MOTA is beyond me, numbers of steps or coordinates and
the like just won't tie themselves to spacial considerations in my
mind for some reason.  I rely on audio cues or clues instead, which
sometimes means going past a turning to recognise what's beyond it
yup, and those combined with the navigation features of whatever game
I'm playing usually serve me well.  It does mean that I tend to take a
much less military approach in something like GMA Tank Commander I
suppose, but Mr Brain seems to prefer the free roaming feeling and
there's not much I can do to persuade him otherwise.

Scott