Hi Hayden,
When it comes to the Jaws scripting language it helps to have a basic
understanding of the Windows Win32 API which those scripts are based on.
If you don't hunder stand things like hindow handles etc then you need
to study the Win32 API or pay for one of the Freedom Scientific
scripting classes where this stuff is explained in more detail.
Fortunately, for me I already had C++ incolledge and had read my fair
share of books on the Win32 API long before I started working with Jaws
scripting so there was absolutely no confusion for me. So what you found
to be a nightmare was prety easy for me. This is where having some skill
in a language like C++ is very handy bcause pretty much everything leads
back to it sooner or later. Just depends on how advanced you want to get
with your programming project.