While I agree challenge can be taken too far, ---- technoshock (and possibly night of parasite), being a case in point, I personally don't agree entombed steps over this boundry. I believe there have been times the beta version has, such as when due to a misjudgement you started minus a pet, and when, ---- in I believe beta 2.41 or so, the drake first got fire breath and was resistance to just about everything.

However, I'd say the difficulty is about right now. hard enough to be challenging, but not hard enough to be frustrating.

Obviously this is both highly personali and dependent upon the skills of the gamer, ---- I freely admit for instance I'm terrible at racing games, and I've never got beyond mission 5 of lone wolf (possibly due to my spacial coordination). But going on average, as any developer must I'd say Jason has entombed currently balanced about right.

of course if more features and other things are added the balance pendulum will probably swing again, ---- eg, an uba character job or race, or a super nasty monster. but hopefully reports and opinions from the entombed list can help keep the balance where it needs to be even with these additions.

Beware the grue!