Hello all. I've really been working on this for a while. I'm trying some stuff just for my own personal understanding, and while I realize the function below isn't complete, I don't understand why none of the sounds play. The script runs, but the sounds don't play unless I put an alert box up first. Thanks for any ideas. Note: I do have a main function that works fine.

void borg()
{
background.play_looped();

int borg; //This will be the location of the borg on the sound scape.
borg=random(1, 3);
if (borg==1)
{
spon.pan=-100;
spon.play();
if (key_pressed(KEY_LEFT))
{
borgdown.play();
kills++;
alert("Kills","You killed "+kills+" borg.");

}
alert("OK","else");
} //end if
} //end borg