Hi Jim,
I'm pretty sure it could be. However, like you basketball isn't my
favorite sport.  I use to go to my high school basketball games to
cheer my team on, but it never really was that big an interest of
mine. I have always liked wrestling, football,  and baseball more. If
I had a choice I'd much rather see a wrestling type game than a
basketball game for the blind. The WWE games for the Playstation are
good, but do require quite a bit of memerising to play effectively. So
I'd like to see a game like it only fully accessible.