<grin>
well the dropping was a misjudging it dropped on the carpet.
its not the worst story I have heard, a friend dropped his on a concrete floor,
ok I admit my toshiba got mangled but it was ok.
this guy's compaq disintergrated it went into little bits.
smaaaash.
I never saw it but I'm glad that was not mine.

Desktop wise the latest 2 are ok, the one I had before that had a good life and
is now dead though it was a bad boy requiring reformats.
strangely though it was slow xp fixed it, so it didn't care about win98.
maybe it wanted another os?
This record is broken with the first windows box which came from a bankrupt
company.
we can see why.
things kept failing.
Reformats and more reformats. etc.
OFcause we had time then even my dad had time.
It was rebuilt with bits and bobs.
however thats all gone now.
I struggled to replace the main dvd drive on the main pc last year because of
time to rebuild it.
the system needed a  major hard drive and dust clearout and I decided to use a
dvd module I was not using at the time.
it all worked but that was a struggle.
we also couldn't leave it down for to long as it was one of the main systems at
the time.