Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 9:10 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Mysteries of the Ancients Beta 12 Released

Hi Lori,
Yep. Sure is. It has been around for a few years, but grade 2 is stil
the standard for most braille publications because many braille users
haven't updated their braille skills  and still are not aware of the
new braille contractions. However, grade 3 is now being taught to new
braille students, and builds upon grade 2. I'm not familiar with all
the new braille contractions myself but one I remember from my brief
course was the chch contraction for church and a couple of others like
that. No big deal really, but would throw you off if you were reading
along and saw them in a book or magazine. Actually, I did see a couple
of magazines that use grade 3 braille and I had to ask someone from
the Vision Center what in heck this contraction was because I didn't
have it in school. Lol!

HTH

There's a grade 3??  I thought only 1 and 2!