From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2010 9:55 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Raceway was The other side

Hi,
At this point I really don't know.  One problem I am having with the
game is a lot of this gets to be really technical, and goes way over
my head. While I  watch the ocational Nascar race and have played some
of the racing games out there I'm not a hard core racing nut.
Watching a few races now and then and playing the games now and then
is a lot different then trying to program a really major racing game
from scratch. It takes a lot of motivation, dedication, and an
enjoyment for the project I really don't feel.
Personally, I could care less if there is a qualifier before the race
to find out your starting position or a set of random times to just
select an automatic starting position for each car. I have to do that
for the AI cars anyway so what's one more car right?
However, I know if I don't add a qualifier some hard core racing fans
out here are going to be realy disappointed, and knowing what I know
about this community I'll never hear the end of it until I give them
one.  So eventually there will likely be a qualifier, but it is lower
priority than the other features of the game.
Right now. The test version that was written in C#, and is currently
being ported to C++ simply randomly selects a starting position from 1
to 43 and lines the cars up in whatever random order it chooses. Not
very realistic, but it works.