To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2010 8:55 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Raceway was The other side

Hi,
At this point I really don't know.  One problem I am having with the
game is a lot of this gets to be really technical, and goes way over
my head. While I  watch the ocational Nascar race and have played some
of the racing games out there I'm not a hard core racing nut.
Watching a few races now and then and playing the games now and then
is a lot different then trying to program a really major racing game
from scratch. It takes a lot of motivation, dedication, and an
enjoyment for the project I really don't feel.
Personally, I could care less if there is a qualifier before the race
to find out your starting position or a set of random times to just
select an automatic starting position for each car. I have to do that
for the AI cars anyway so what's one more car right?
However, I know if I don't add a qualifier some hard core racing fans
out here are going to be realy disappointed, and knowing what I know
about this community I'll never hear the end of it until I give them
one.  So eventually there will likely be a qualifier, but it is lower
priority than the other features of the game.
Right now. The test version that was written in C#, and is currently
being ported to C++ simply randomly selects a starting position from 1
to 43 and lines the cars up in whatever random order it chooses. Not
very realistic, but it works.

I'd start with all 43 and go from there.  Will there be qualifying before
each race to see where you're starting position in the race will be? Time
for practice and adjustments in the pits and all that fun stuff?