Hi Dark,
Yeah, that's exactly the type of thing I was talking about. Of course,
there was no need for Megaman to change color when he used a boss
weapon, but back then I just thought it was cool.  However, it was
that sort of showing off and rapidly changing colors that impressed
the heck out of those of us who grew up witht the first black and
white games. I also see how that might accidently have became an
accessibility aid for you.