Hi Miss Wings,
Um...That's not exactly what the rope does. You don't use it to jump
over the wall. What it is actually for is that it takes you up into
the room above the one you are standing in. This room has a door to
your left and a stone statue on your right. Both are exits into rooms
to the left and right of room 3.

HTH