Hi Hayden,
Hmmmm...That certainly would be interesting. i know for a fact several
Atari classics like Packman etc have been created as online web games,
but I don't know that the technology is there to make them fully
accessible as you don't have access to things like OpenAL, DirectX,
etc so can not take advantage of higher end audio support, etc that I
know of. Online gaming in its own way is still in the developmental
stage, and aside from a few games from Blind Adrenaline,
Audiogames.net, and All in Play accessible online games are still very
muchexperimental itself. It would be interesting if someone could
create a Packman Talks or something like  it for the web. Although, my
own knoledge of something like Flash and Shockwave is pretty little. I
know Java pretty well, but as I mentioned before I know the developer
would need something more complex than the java.applet.AudioClip class
for rendering something like 3d audio and so on.

Smile.