Hi Tom,

Just taken MOTA Beta 13 for a spin, and a few thoughts occurred.

Thanks for adding the escape key to skip movies. Not sure when this
was done as I've been somewhat out of the loop, but I appreciated it
after dying for the 4th time lol.

Is speech in a separate thread still on the to do list? I really hope
so, as for things like checking your ammo half way through a fight I
don't want the action to grind to a halt while the ammo count is
announced.

Can we get some very subtle menu sounds, especially with the current
situation where speech isn't in it's own thread? I love the new view
menu, but found myself unsure of whether I was back in the game or not
at times because I wasn't sure whether I had hit escape too soon as it
doesn't take effect until after speech. Just a tiny sound to signify
that the key was recognised would be useful.

Weapons firing on key release feels odd, again not sure how long this
has been the case, but it took some serious getting used too and I'm
not sure I'm there yet.

Is there a way that you can set key repeat rate on a per-key basis?
Things like arrows or J and L should of course be repeated, and it's
great how d can be held down along with movement, but things like
numbers one through 9 should probably be one hit only. I noticed that
the key repeat grabs input so soon that quite often I was getting
multiple draw sounds, and it marred the realism a bit.

The training mode idea is cool, but could be slightly improved by more
responsive "watch out" warnings. Perhaps chop the breaths from the
beginning of those sounds? When you're at a run, the extra split
second those breaths add sometimes means that the warnings are quite
out of sync and it's easy to slip up.

Oh, and I got bitten by the multiple torch sound bug. Can't reproduce
it consistently I'm afraid. It happened twice in the space of about 8
runs through to different extents, always in different locations with
different sequences beforehand.

It's come such a long way since I last played, really enjoyable! Can't
wait for the FPS version!

Cheers
Scott