Games rarely support hal anyway in a self voicing sense, though it is good with programs like smugglers with unusual interfaces.

To be honest though, when games are on windows, i really don't see what wrong with sapi, especially sinse for any serious gamer getting a good sapi voice is a bit like getting a joystick.

That's why I'm very happy to use sSapi in Gma's titles, jim's games, the spoonbill stuff, ---- and now, 7-128 software (where It will be a real improvement).

Beware the grue!

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 07, 2010 6:32 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] BrailleSoft No Longer Supports Freedom Scientific

Again? What in the name of Bob do they think they're doing? I mean I hate Greedom Science Fiction but this is just a new low as far as I'm concerned. And it's stuff like that that has convinced me that if and when I start developing my own games (I'm making slow progress with BGT), and if I decide to add options into some of my games for screen reader support I would almost be tempted not to support JAWS. Of course I have a feeling it would be better just to use Sapi support if not go outright self-voicing. I mean if I supported one screen reader in my games I'd almost have to support the competition since there are those who are still going to be staunch users like I was until about three years ago. So I may not even bother with screen reader support in my games, especially since I really don't plan on making many games where that would really fit all that well.
We are the Knights who say...Ni!