To: <phi...@blastbay.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 28, 2010 9:41 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] BGT

Does this mean that you will be porting bgt to linux and mac osx?
I'd be willing to assist in the port to osx if necessary.

On Aug 28, 2010, at 1:24 AM, Philip Bennefall wrote:

Good morning,

Some quick clarifications.

1. BGT is written in C++. C++ is a general purpose programming
language used to write most professional software as it gives a
great amount of control over what is happening. But with this
control comes a lot of extra responsibility, and it is very easy to
break things when using C++.

2. AngelScript, which is the scripting engine that BGT uses, is also
written in C++. AngelScript provides no functions from within
itself, it is an empty scripting shell that the developer then fills
up with functions and objects which is what I have done with BGT.
This is the primary purpose of AngelScript, to be embedded in third
party applications that need a scripting environment.

The advantage of working in a scripted environment is that the sorts
of mistakes that can occur when using a language such as C++, are
prevented. For example, you do not have to do any memory management
in BGT which you definitely need to do in C++.

I hope this clears things up a little.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall
----- Original Message ----- From: "Castanedagarcia_Alfredo" <casta...@hsd.k12.or.us