Hi Philip,
Exactly. That's actually why I am strongly looking at using Python 2.6
for my Open G3D engine for Linux. With C++ there is so much overhead
that it is easy for a new programmer to get confused and frustrated
with programming. In a script language like Python a string variable
is simply a string of text and it doesn't really matter if it is a
unicode wchar string or an anci char string. With C++, especially on
Windows, you have to constantly worry about casting an anci C-style
string to a unicode string to access com functions such as Sapi. That
kind of string casting is way more than your average new game
programmer is willing to put up with. Thus why an engine that uses
Python, Angelscript, TCL, or something else is more reasonable and
down to earth for the average person.