well its good you have fixed the imput issue.
on that note is there such a thing as a 3d side scroler?
It looks like the only way to fix the panning issue is to quit the 2d system entirely.
A side scroler really needs some panning, or something to sound 2d.
I am not sure how a 3d side scroler would sound but.
on that note I still get a shock when I am between the pits and or spikes the 3d feel makes me feel like they are all coming at me so this part is quite cool