From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2010 10:00 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] MOTA Beta 14 for Linux: Initial impressions

Hi,
Umm...No offense but aren't we getting a bit petty now?
The menu system has been that way, well, since the very beginning and
no one really has any serious complaints about it. Believe me there
are far more pressing bugs like the crash on exit that concern me more
than if the main menu lands on the new game option as soon as you open
that menu. Besides that would require a huge amount of work rewriting
the menu system for a feature that isn't all that necessary in the
grand scheme of things.
Same goes for adding an option to select alternative keyboard
asignments.I don't mind having options to enable/disable joysticks,
turn ambience on/off, and other settings that configure the engine
itself, but I have no plans, nor ever will, adds custom settings on a
per game basis. That would require me to upgrade the engine just to
add a setting that I may or may not ever use again in another game.
That's why the settings I do have apply to every game built with the
engine rather than any specific game.