Hi Tom. I tried to do what you had set out in your message to all of us but I have been finding that I am getting stuck. what I did was I went in to my computer in to the local disk c then created a new folder cald test then I tried coppeying all the files from the usa games folder from my program files in to that folder. then I went in to run and typed in cmd and that is where I am getting stuck since I can't seem to figger out what to do next. I tried looking around using the tab key for the folder and couldn't find it. I also tried just putting in the.exe file in the folder I cald test and when I went back in to run and typed cmd and still I couldn't find it. note I had to reboot each time since I couldn't figger out how to get out of the cmd when I put it in to run. I have notest that I get the blue screen when I try to exit the game and my pc re starts. I am running windows xp sp 3 if that helps. If you could possibly tell me where I went wrong with trying to find the error messages that would be grate. many thanks. from Mich. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2010 12:26 AM
Subject: [Audyssey] Something to try

HI all,
Tonight while debugging/testing Mysteries of the Ancients I realised
there is still something we haven't tried to do in order to track down
that blue screen error. Most of you don't know this but cross-platform
libraries such as SFML often out put error messages directly to the
console, or in Windows the command prompt. Since most of us are use to
dialog boxes, message boxes, and all the other Windows trappings I
doubt it ocurred to anyone before now to try and launch the program
from the command prompt to see if there are any error codes etc
printed to the screen. So that's what we need to do.
What I would do if I were you guys is copy the installation files to a
test directory like c:\test
and then open the command prompt window by typing cmd into the run
dialog box and pressing enter. Now, for you Windows newbies that know
nothing about Dos commands change to the test directory we created by
doing a
cd\test
and pressing enter. Now, simply type tomb and press enter. The game
should launch and play. When you exit the game there should be error
messages printed to the screen if there were any encountered. Let me
know your results.

Thanks.