Hi Mich,
The Windows command prompt is like using Dos. That means you have to
type shell comands into the command prompt to get around. I gave
directions in my original message what to do.
To change directory you use the cd command. For example,
cd\test
will open the test directory.
To close the command prompt window you have to type
exit
and the window will close. There is definitely no need to reboot your computer.

Cheers!