Hmm. I was thinking it would something as simple as only one variable. The warnings would either be on or off, just like I picture the torches to work. You can still find weapons and treasures whether the torch is lit or not, but just have to do it differently. With the torch lit, you hear that something is there, with it not utilized, you hear nothing. Wouldn't the same apply with trap warnings? Or, I just thought of this, could trap warnings be included in what you hear or do not hear, based on whether a torch is being used or not? This would greatly emphasize the torch's value.

---
Shepherds are the best beasts!
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2010 12:01 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] game difficulties was bestsidescroller?-Re:Q9version 1.2.

Hi charles,
Unfortunately, to do that I'd have to redraw multiple versions of the
same level. Not hard to do, but requires extra work of course.

I wonder if a good compromise would be to eliminate the warnings on the
highest difficulty and leave them in the lower ones?  Thoughts, Thomas?

---
Shepherds are the best beasts!