In part, isn't that where the levels of difficulty come into play? The hardest level is for the more experienced gamers, while the easiest is for the less experienced, and the normal is for the approximate average gamers. I'm not a game producer, but I would think that you have an outline as to how the game should work, and you probably try to follow that outline, get the game to sort of work along that line, then modify it as needed until it is ready for the market. If suggestions are made by private or public testers, I would evaluate them. Are they doable? Do they fit into my game plan? Do they enhance?, or detract from the game. It would be up to you as to whether you ask gamers for their input about a suggestion once you have decided on it's feasibility. You probably already know this, but those are my 2 cents worth. The decision on whether or not to implement requested features is, in the end, yours. Thanks for all the time and effort you're putting into this long awaited project. Your willingness to please customers is very admirable, and I'll bet that most of the gamers are going to enjoy the finished product. Heck! Look at how we're already enjoying what we have, and that's only a partial beta!

---
Shepherds are the best beasts!
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 7:01 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] MOTA Beta 16 Released!

Hi Bryan,

That’s a pretty aped point. Over the passed six years or so since I
started writing accessible games I’ve learned one very important
thing. Simply put, it is impossible to please everybody. We all have
different skills, different ideas what is the ideal game, whatever and
trying to implement all of them is a fool’s task. It can’t be done.

However, part of the problem here is that we’ve become something of an
entitlement society. We think it is our right to have this or that
handed to us, or that a developer should do this or that because it is
suppose to be for the good of everybody. If a game is too hard then
the developer should make it easier so the less skilled can play it
too. If someone can’t figure out a trap or puzzle then the traps and
puzzles should be made easier to guess etc. On the other hand, you
have those who say that is too easy and the game should be harder,
more difficult traps/puzzles, and so on. Who is right and who is wrong
here?

As the developer the decision what to do about it is sully on me. Part
of the solution is by tuning out the special interest groups and
making decisions on what I personally feel is right. I haven’t done
enough of that, and I’m beginning to see the only way this project
will ever get done and be done in a timely fashion is to do it my way.
Special interest groups can take a hike.

Cheers!