Actually, I think light sabers do work under watter. Have you read splinter
of the minds eye? IN that book there was a seen where luke used his saber
under the water.

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: Sunday, December 12, 2010 4:03 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] mysteries of the syth

Hi Hayden,

On the contrary several of the Jedi Knight games feature hand to hand combat
as well as light sabers, blasters, and the usual weaponry you would expect.
In fact at the beginning of Jedi Knight I Kyle isn't even armed at the
beginning of the game. You get your first weapon by grabbing the blaster
from behind the bar, and then picking off the Rodian with the blastech
pistol in the ceiling fan. Of course, you might have to use some hand to
hand combat, smack a few heads in the Cantina, before getting that first
blaster. Other times it comes in handy are the areas that are underwater
were a blaster or light saber won't work.

As for Jedi Knight Mysteries of the Sith I don't ever recall having a real
need for fists, but the feature was most certainly available.  It always
just seamed I could use force powers to get what needed to be done without
resorting to lesser means like beating up the enemy. I could usually force
blind or stun the enemy and make a quick escape instead of sticking around
fighting hand to hand with them. That especially holds true for the area
with the prison block level where Mara is disarmed and locked in a jail cell
below Ka'pa the Hut's palice.  Once you escape the jail cell you have one
big ugly rancor to fight and like Luke's encounter with the rancor she isn't
armed when she does it. Best tactic there is to blind it, distract it, or
whatever you can with the force and make good your escape and find Mara's
saber elsewhere in the palice. If you want to settle the score with the
rancor you can always go back and finish the job, but using fists definitely
isn't going to work there. Lol!

_____________ NOD32 EMON 5697 (20101212) information _____________

_____________ NOD32 EMON 5697 (20101212) information _____________

http://www.eset.com