Hi,

Well, not necessarily. I think this would be a case of skills of an
individual person rather than weather or not all Jedi or all Sith
would know hand to hand combat. Mara Jade is a special case in point
as she was taken from her home at age 8 by the Emperor and trained
from childhood to be a Sith assassin for the Empire. She was put
through the Imperial academy, flight school, etc all skills that would
enhance her later life as a Jedi for the New Republic. She would
obviously have a lot of training and skills not shared by everyone at
the Jedi academy, and possably why she quickly rose to the rank of
Jedi master by the time of the New Jedi Order books.

Also not just hand to hand skills, but it seams Jedi have special
force skills too. For example, one of Mara Jade's special force
abilities is a force bubble. She can surround herself with a blue
bubble of force energy that deflects light sabers, blaster bolts, and
has been used to hover a few feet off the ground. Not all the Jedi
have the mental power or force skill to project a force bubble like
Mara can.The only other Jedi in the NJO I know of who can do it is
Jaina Solo, and that is only because Mara taught her the ability when
Jaina was her apprentice.