From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Damien Pendleton
Sent: 17 December 2010 00:51
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Programming Games was Re: Response From Bavisoft To
MyInquiry

Hi Kelly,
To be honest, in my opinion, source code is very scarce, few and far between

as far as audio games are concerned. The source code that generally is
available is coded in Visual Basic 6, most of that is either rather messy or

very simple and in my experience doesn't teach a lot of important concepts,
especially on major projects.
To give you an example, I have the VB6 source code to Danger City, Self
Destruct, Giftanum, Chopper Patrol, and of course my own games. However,
most of them games are demonstrating the same concepts, I.E. how to use
timers and simple sound panning. The really major ones that touch on more
important concepts like environments, sound panning based on the player's
position in relation to other characters and objects within the game world,
level mappings and AI's tend to be the more messy ones.
In my opinion the best resource for open source/example games are currently
those available on the BGT page and forums, and certainly if anybody needs
any BGT help I'm willing to help in whatever ways I can.
Regards,
Damien.