Hi Jim,

Well, if we are talking Visual Basic 6 that's true, but you need to
understand that Visual Basic 6 is not 100% a procedural language nor
was object oriented programming fully implemented either. The public
and private declarations for subs, functions, and variables in Visual
Basic 6 are borrowed from object oriented programming. No, what I was
actually refering to is the difference between standard C and object
oriented C++. Where the origeons of object oriented programming and
design started.

Although, object oriented C++ is based on standard C there were a lot
of new concepts introduced in to C++ that C simply didn't have such as
classes, public and private data types, objects, inheritance,
pollimorphism, etc.  C, as in the original C language, was strictly a
procedural programming language. The closest C ever got to anything
like object oriented programming is structs and unions, and neither of
them were able to do the things you could do in a C++ class. For
example, everything in a struct is public, structs can not be
inherited, and you can not declare two functions of the same name
inside a struct like you can in classes.

That's why in the late 90's when languages like Java were introduced
to programmers it started out using a object oriented design platform
rather than the older C-style procedural design. When Microsoft
released their .NET Framework in 2002 allof their languaes such as C#
.NET, Visual Basic .NET, J# .NET, etc all moved to a full object
oriented design. The days for procedural programming is pretty much
ancient history in the professional programming world. Even the new
Cobol standards introduced in 2010 implements a new object oriented
design. So procedural programming is definitely on its way out of the
professional and private sector in a hurry.

Smile.