I'm a litle confused why the difficulty of the games would be lowered as to be so ridiculous just because they are aimed at young children, ---- something I thought when I tried mudsplat.

I think I first completed Golden axe on the Amigar at the age of 8, and super bomberman and street fighter 2 at normal difficulty at the age of nine, though these took a lot of practice.

I was playing berzerk and joust when I was about four, and while I did often play on the easy setting, this wasn't that much less difficult than normal (easy on berzerk, the robots didn't fire at you).

So while having a range of difficulties for different aged players is reasonable, your probably likely to find not a few kids who could slaughter their way through something if it was made too easy, ---- which seems to be the case with the aph games.

Beware the grue!