Hi Ken,

In my experience as a programmer languages that don't enforce explicit
variable declarations always lead to mistakes and poor programming.
For example, when writing scripts in Python I've made simple typos
that Python accepted without complaint and it was only after running
the program/script I discovered it wasn't working right. A quick look
at the code revealed I misspelled a variable and Python created a new
variable on the stack not knowing that it was a mistake, and thus I
unintentionally wrote buggy code.

It is things like that which has turned me against languages that
don't enforce explicit variable and function declarations. Its both
sloppy coding and can lead to unnecessary mistakes. When given the
choice I'd always prefer to have a language like C++, Java, etc  that
enforces strict capitalization rules and explicit variable
declarations.

Cheers!