no, the future is now with game engines.
If you want an easy ride then use one, get your game and keep the engines up to date.
At 04:42 a.m. 30/01/2011, you wrote:
Hi Damien,

Well, for me I'm not so concerned with installing VB 6 legacy
libraries as I am with the fact that legacy software will only go so
far. Once official support is dropped, as is the case with Visual
Basic 6 libraries, you run the risk of developing legacy software that
mmay not run on the next generation OS or have to be run in some
compatibility mode.

For example, I have a number of mainstream games that will run on
Windos XP, but absolutely will not run on Windows 7 at all. There are
a number of factors, but most of it boils down to the games using
older libraries etc that is no longer compatible with Windows 7.

I'm very concerned that since I've paid money for games like Sarah,
Tank Commander, Shades of Doom, Lone Wolf, etc that one day I'm going
to upgrade to Windows X, and find out that none of the accessible
games I have will run. If that happens that would be the direct result
of several accessible game developers inability or unwillingness to
roll with the change.  With BGT out now there isn't really any excuse
to hang onto Visual Basic 6.

Cheers!