On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 09:26:59AM -0700, Bryan Peterson wrote:
> unless it's something directly in the engine that literally stops
> the car from working, a sighted person can easily pull over to the
> side of the road

[My Reply:]
        I don't think it's too much of a problem.  If in the city,
simply stop the car and let traffic go around you with your warning
flashers on.  Highways may pose a slightly more difficult problem, and
laws should warn motorists of blind drivers, who would stay in the
right-hand lane, (Or the left-hand in England), slow the car while
pulling over to the curb, where the difference between pavement and dirt
will be easily evident.  Hell, just place a special handicapped placard
on the rear of the vehicle and sighted ddrivers will avoid you like the
plague. <grins>

                                Michael

--
Linux User:     177869 *#* Powered By: Intel *#* http://rivensight.dyndns.org

Ideas and suggestions copyright (c) 2010, by Michael Ferranti