Hi Thomas,
I am thoroughly impressed with what I have seen so far of MOTA17. The keyboard
changes are slightly frustrating, seeing as certain keys have been used for
things for as long as I can remember, like p and t using a potion or torch
respectively, and ctrl+p and ctrl+t speaking the amount. However, in time I
believe those are small things that I could get used to, like in any other
application.
The new level1 layout is certainly challenging. However, I can't seem to get
past the large ledge in room 8. I can't jump past it, and there are no pressure
switches that I can find, either from the view menu, or pressing enter on every
square leading up to it. I suddenly got a few minds of inspiration regarding
your last posts in that you might be able to shoot items to hit a switch, that
didn't work. There is no such thing as a whip any more so you can't swing
yourself over with it. I also jumped with a weapon in my hand, hence not
jumping as far, in case they were two very small ledges short distances away
from each other. Is this a bug or is there a specific way of getting over that
ledge? Is it to do with the previously mentioned vanishing platforms? If it is,
how do you activate it, if at all? There is no sound there to suggest that
there might be a vanishing platform there.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks.
Regards,
Damien.