Hi Philip,

Yeah, I pretty much figured as much. A lot of people, blind from
birth, are of the opinion that joysticks and mice are just extra
controllers. The reason is they have never been exposed to the kinds
of games that can benifit from alternative controllers and believe
that the keyboard is the best game controller out there. It has only
been in the last three/four years that audio games have come out to
challenge that view. Games like Rail Racer, for example, absolutely
require a joystick or mouse to be remotely good at the game, because
the keyboard can't provide the very minute changes in joystick and/or
mouse position. It is my feeling as more high quality accessible games
like Rail Racer come out demonstrating how necessary these types of
controllers can be for game play attitudes will change about the
keyboard.

Take Street Fighter as an example. I'm not an expert at the fighting
genre games, but they are usually 55 to 60 frames per second. At that
speed something like a keyboard would only slow you down. Joysticks
and gamepads provide the gamer a fast input method that allows them to
react at a high frame rate while providing the gamer with several
specials and moves that simply can't be performed on a keyboard. For
example, hold a kick button down while spinning the joystick around in
a circle might deliver a fast spin kick to the head of an apponent.
Keyboards, by design, just aren't able of pulling off such moves. Once
you've experienced these more advanced moves and the speed of a
joystick/gamepad the keyboard seams clunky and unweildy.

Although, I have had a thought. You know you could always offer basic
joystick and gamepad support in light, but for pro include force
feedback support. This would provide developers the ability to support
joysticks, but only pro game developers can add and use force feedback
support. What do you think of that?

Smile.